Chantele here from Two Hearts One Roof. I’m very happy to be guest posting for Emma today. As the warm weather seems to be finally creeping up on us I thought I could put together a little post on my 5 essential items for this summer.
I think I am overall more of a winter girl, as I love cardigans, tights and big winter jackets, so I sometimes find Summer a lot harder to dress for, that's why I came up with my 5 essentials list. Throw in a few vest tops in pretty colours, and a blouse or 2 and that is the entirety of my summer wardrobe.
1. Fit and Flare summer dress in a floral or girly print. I think fit and flare 50’s style dresses are the most flattering and feminine style of dress and look good no matter what your figure. I love this one from Joe Brown £49.95.
2. Palazzo trousers in a fun but neutral coloured print. I am so glad that these got a revival a few summers ago as I think they are perfect for strolling at the beach when the wind may cause issues with skirts, or for late evenings dining al fresco. These from Dorothy Perkins (£20.80 in the sale!) are on my want list!
3. A lightweight printed cardigan. Perfect for wearing over a summer dress or vest top, when the weather isn't quite warm enough. Plus its a good chance to pattern mix! This one from Warehouse £40 is perfect.
4. Brown Leather Sandals. This is something I need to buy this summer! Brown sandals work so well in the summer as they seem to match almost everything. I like mine strappy, with a little heel and ankle strap, like these ones from Hushpuppies £55
5. Vintage style sunnies! Who doesn’t look awesome in a pair of vintage sunglasses? Cats-eyes are probably my favourite, like these ones from Oasis £14 but I love Hepburn style Ray-Bans and Aviators too.
If you would like to follow my blog you can find me on Bloglovin or Twitter. I hope to see some of you on my blog very soon. And thanks Emma for letting me take over your blog for the day!
[Thank you Chantele, for this lovely summer essentials post! I hope you have all enjoyed reading it as much a I have! If you would like to guest post on DollfaceBlogs, there is more information on this page, so have a read and get in touch!]
If you liked this post, why don't you follow me to keep up to date?