Face masks should be pretty simple. Cover your face, wait a bit and relax, then take it off and voila; perfect skin! Although you can do it like that, there are a few thing you can do to increase the effectiveness of your mask.
Here are my tips to making the most of your face mask and getting glorious skin!
Prepare your skin for the face mask
- Remove all your make up – no point putting your face mask over dirt and it won’t be able to work its magic on your skin properly
- Cleanse your skin thoroughly – this will help remove any engrained dirt and begin to open the pores
- Steam – this will help open the pores even further – meaning the mask can work its way deep into the skin to pull up any sneaky dirt that has been hiding
- Dry your face – most masks require a dry face for application, but check the instructions
How to apply a face mask
- Cover the face completely avoiding the eye and lip area
- Make sure it is a thick layer to reap the full benefits
- Stick to the time suggestions – leaving the mask on for too long will not increase the effects and, depending on the ingredients of the mask, could cause irritation
How to remove a face mask
- Remove the mask completely using warm water (or peeling... depending on which mask you have chosen!)
- Once the product is completely removed, pat your skin dry and use a toner to close your pores
- Allow a few minutes and then apply a light, hydrating moisturiser for protection and look at your skin glow!
If you liked this post, why don't you follow me to keep up to date?